Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Update

So, I'm falling behind on this already :/ Things have been a little hectic for me again lately. But biggest thing was I went in to work at that job that I posted about on Saturday. So she calls me at around 2pm that day and asks me to come in at 4pm, I was like okay no problem.
Now this is supposed to be a waitressing job. So I get there at 4 and she's like okay we're closing for a couple hours, so I'm thinking okay I'm gonna train, she goes to me "I'm leaving for a while, you're going to do dishes while I'm gone" Now if you've ever worked in a restaurant you know they usually have a big industrial dish washer so I'm like okay no big deal. I get in back the place is filthy and then I see I'm washing dishes for a restaurant by hand with a tiny little sponge like you'd use at home, great. So I do the dishes and finish up next I get to sweep the floor, then do the windows, then mop the floor.
Then at about 6 a table walks in the door, she tells me to take the table and I don't even know the menu or anything because I didn't get to look at it. Fine whatever I can wing it been a waitress before. For the prices they give like nothing to the customer and I could tell my table wasn't happy. Anyway, they finish up and they have this coupon that adds an 18 percent tip to their bill in order to use it so I'm like nice cause it was like a 12 dollar tip. So they leave and no one else comes in.
Her kids are there they have been this whole time but I didn't really have reason to mention it till now. Now the kids are about 6 and the other prob a little over a year old. The year old ish one already broke a glass earlier and god knows how much other trouble she's ever gotten into while there. Anyway, she puts the little one in the stacked high chairs and tells me to watch the kids. So I babysit for a while and then she goes "have my kids calmed down" I said yes and she's like okay bring her back here and make empanadas. 
So I make empanadas, she leaves again. A guy apparently called in an order he comes in about 9pm so I give him his food he eats and gets out of there. He paid in cash and she took the money (she came back a few mins after he came in) So I do some more dishes and stuff till 10pm rolls around when I'm finally told I can go home. She keeps my tips and never told me what she's paying me. So I asked about how pay works she's like oh you get paid weekly but again not how much or anything. And she tells me to be back at 2pm the next day and that she'll call me if she needs me sooner. I mulled it over for a while and decided not to go back. That was just ridiculous.

Sorry it's such a jumbled mess it was just so frustrating. >.> Other than that the past two days have been pretty uneventful. Just haven't been sleepin much because of stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment